This year has snuck up on me. All of the sudden it's August and I haven't even started life!
I've been studying for Starbucks' Barista Championship since January, so I've been a little sidetracked. In July I competed in the final round of this competition; I didn't win, but it's over, so I can focus on my art again without any of this extracurricular coffee stuff. Because of all the coffee study, I skipped June's color study and was only able to complete half of July's backgrounds study. But at least I started July's -- I also started an observation sketchbook, so hopefully that makes up for my lack of discipline.
In other news, I've changed my schedule from closing the store every night (for the past two years) to opening, so I've been having a rough transition there and have been too exhausted to draw (managed to get only one hour in last week).
Goals before I start my class in mid-September:
- finish my anatomy book (I'm embarrassed to say it's taken me all summer to finish a 200 page book)
- finish my perspective books (skimmed, but haven't read all the way through)
- complete large storyboards
- finalize character designs
- get a color study in there?
- finish observation sketchbook